There is so much free information available on the internet, you might wonder why are people buying online courses, rather than just doing their own research. There are three primary factors motivating people to enroll in an online course:
- A course brings information from diverse together into an easy-to-follow format they can follow step-by-step
- A course has a clear outcome or result that they would like to achieve – Find a pain, problem or desire; and design an online course that offers the solution or satisfaction
- They want to learn from an actual person with real experience
To design a class that will be the most helpful to these people, ask yourself these questions:
- Who is my ideal student/learner/customer?
- What problem can I help them solve?
- What result am I going to help them achieve?
- What is the best way to get them to that result?
The answers to these questions determine your target audience and your course design.